Most people at one point or another in their lives struggle with getting the right amount of sleep. If you are regularly not getting enough sleep or getting interrupted sleep, this can impact your health in a large variety of ways.
Some of the most common reasons for not getting a good night’s sleep include:
● Interruptions by children
● Interruptions by pets
● Caring for an infant, baby or toddler
● Care giving for a child, spouse, parent or loved one with chronic illness or disease
● Overwhelmed with work and putting in late night or early morning hours
Not getting enough sleep can cause you to be more irritable, fatigue easier and have difficulty concentrating. Unfortunately, there are many people who have formed the habit of living without enough sleep. They are walking around sleep deprived without even realizing it and the harm they are doing to their body. These people have done it so long that their body thinks it is normal.
Can you remember the last time you actually slept for more than seven hours straight? It is what our body actually needs to function properly. We need to get a proper night’s sleep with adequate rest for our wellbeing, our health, our brain and our body.
Not having enough sleep can lessen our reaction time, interrupt our concentration and it begins affecting other parts of our body and life too. Not getting enough sleep has been linked to many diseases and illnesses including Alzheimer’s disease, diabetes and more.
If you are not getting enough sleep, we would like to discuss it with you. If you cannot sleep through the night without waking up numerous times, we want to talk to you. If you are able to begin sleeping through the night and getting enough sleep, you’ll feel the impact almost immediately and you’ll be improving your overall well being too.
Tips for getting a good night’s sleep:
● Wake up at the same time every day, even on weekends.
● Go to bed at the same time every day, yes, even on weekends.
● We actually sleep better when we are cool than when we are warm, so go ahead, save energy and money - turn down the thermostat and it might just improve your sleep.
● Keep the room dark.
● No media before going to bed can help your brain be more relaxed, calm and ready for rest.
Not getting enough sleep is a serious issue and can be and can cause serious medical problems. Contact us to discuss your sleep patterns and problems. We have sleep studies to determine if there is a medical issue causing you to not be able to get enough sleep or uninterrupted sleep.